Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Convention Spending

Hisashiburi da, ne~? It's been quite a while since my last post, sorry guys. I've actually started college, and October - November was convention planning time. It was so hectic, you wouldn't believe it! The con was Chibi Pa, which was held from the 16th to the 18th this month. Sadly, I didn't get to go on Friday, but I took around 230 photos on Saturday alone! I forgot my memory card on Sunday, so no photos from then. While the actual con is a completely different story for another time, I was extremely pleased with everything I bought.

In total, I spent about $40 dollars, which I think is pretty nice. It's all stuff that would have been expensive if I had bought it online myself.

I got a very nice, and very useful $10 grab bag. You got to choose everything you wanted. There was a choice of 1 bento (my sister wanted a little Rilakkuma bento), 1 pair of chopsticks,  9 candies, and a little bag (or a buddha figure or wall-scroll). The bento is something I already needed because my maneki-neko, the red Lucky Cat bento is only 750ml. It isn't really isn't big enough for me, because I'm very tall, and very active. My new bento is 1200ml and has it's own containers! That's more than enough room for food.

The best thing I got has to be the limited edition Poliwhirl 23KT Gold-Plated Burger King Pokemon card. They sold them over 10 years ago during a Pokemon promotion, but they stopped because it was a choking hazard for toddlers. The majority were in red boxes, with a few in blue. I currently have the Pikachu card, but I no longer have the Pokeball, box, or certificate because they were damaged in a storm. Since the Poliwhirl one is sealed (the box is damaged, though), I think it still has the certificate of authenticity. This was $10

I got a 1996 Dark Magician Yugioh (SDY-006) card for $5 as well. I was only around 3 years old when it came out, so of course, I didn't get one then. I was happy to find one here, since I like collecting Spellcasters, and I didn't have a Dark Magician.

To practice my reading, I got a Japanese copy of Fruits Basket vol. 9 for $5. It has furigana, the reading of the word, on the kanji unlike the other JP manga I found. The others were gory or violent seinen titles. Manga for older men don't need furigana.

The last thing I bought was a 6-pack of the Japanese soda, ramune~! It was $10, and the guy even gave me a free one for buying it. I've already drank two of them so far. I love them.

The only things I didn't find were the Original Soundtracks for Persona 4, Un-Go, and Mirai Nikki. I also couldn't buy a really affordable copy of Persona 3 (It was brand new)!  (゜´Д`゜)

I'll try again next con...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^