Monday, February 20, 2012

Tokimeki Girl's Side Premium ~3rd Story~ for PSP

I was bored today and looking for a new PSP game to buy later (after Hakuoki, of course), and I happened upon a little bit of news: A new Tokimeki Girl's Side game! I'm pretty late, but... better late than never.


Click to visit their homepage!
On March 15, 2012, Konami is releasing a revamped version of Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: 3rd Story for the PSP in Japan. The new version is called Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side: 3rd Story Premium, and boasts a few new features. I'm not the best at Japanese, but I got the gist of it, I believe.

The biggest addition in this game is the new Live 2D feature! The characters still have a 2D anime style, but are animated. I find it a little odd, but I think it's tons cooler than staring at a static image all day. It adds a tiny sense of realism to the game.



Since there's no touch screen, it seems that Skinship has been altered a little. It's now called Approach Mode, and as far as I can see, instead of using a stylus, you just hit certain buttons depending on the scene and boy's expression, and how you want them to react. You can smile at them, tease them, stare, etc and use the little joystick thingy to move it to where you want to touch them (not creepy at all!). It seems to be the exact same thing as the old games, but in a new style.

The most interesting feature for me is the new Kimagure Play! Instead of being the typical sweet Mary-sue you are, your choices and actions are split into two: Angel type and Little Devil type. The dialogue and how the boys feel about you changes depending on which option type you pick. Since I've been waiting for at least a little hint of personality for the protagonist, I'm hoping I'm not let down.

The last new feature is the Boys' Life feature. You get to visit each boy's room in chibi form! Awww! It's separate from the actual gameplay, and is more like a cute non-playable mini game.

So, I'll be waiting to get this game as well. I'm a pretty big fan of the Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side series.

5 comments:

  1. I wish they would release this in english. I loved it when Hakuoki came out, but now I'm bored with it. But Tokimeki is much more fun since it's an actual game instead of just a visual novel. Although I find it hard to believe they will publish an english version of this, as they haven't before, I'm still hoping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too~! We've gotten our first visual novel otome game, now we need our first stat-based game! Maybe if Hakuouki's sales do really well, they will bring over more... and since Tokimeki is quite a popular series... I think we have a chance. > u <

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I preordered my Hakuoki in november, however it's too bad it was only a visual novel. Perhaps .. I've wanted the tokimeki in english for so long, I even bought the japanese one and a crap load of tutorials and stuff, but it's just not the same. I would like to really play, and understand, and learning an entire language is just too much. Although I can understand when they're speaking, I suck at kanji and stuff, so I never know what my character is saying, lolz. -.-'

      Delete
    3. I understand entirely. There's a difference between getting the gist of things, and completely understanding. I can never last very long playing the ones in Japanese. Even though I'm learning, there's SO many kanji and words I don't know that I have to have a dictionary open and a notebook to take notes. It's just tedious. I want to be lazy and just read it in English! x ~ x;

      Delete
    4. Haha, I'm feeling ya. Hope the north american companies catch on soon, and that the japanese are willing to sell. However, sadly, I can't see it happening anytime soon .. I'll probably be 30 years old before anything happens, lolz. x'3

      Delete

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^