Monday, April 2, 2012

Winter 2012 Ending Impressions

This post is quite late, however, I wished to see the conclusions of the anime I was watching before giving my final impressions...


Dropped this season:

Ano Natsu de Matteru:
I was never a big fan of Onegai Teacher/Twins, and this felt way too much like it.  
Dropped at: Episode 1.


Area no Kishi:
I can't really focus on sports anime, and an interesting first episode wasn't enough to hold my attention. 
Dropped at: Episode 1

Another: 
I was behind in the episodes, so I put it on hold, but it didn't seem to be the anime I thought it was from the feedback I heard. Dropped at: Episode 1

Kill Me Baby:

Kill Me Baby was pretty funny and cute. Too bad slice-of-life and episodic style anime don't hold my attention very well. I quickly became bored.
Dropped at: Episode 4

Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku:
I didn't really have a reason for dropping this one.
Dropped at: Episode 1

Completed this season:

Inu X Boku SS:
Inu x Boku was a little disappointing. The episodes followed the manga for the most part, but the pacing felt extremely slow. It seemed as though we hadn't gotten very much in terms of plot or advancement until the last episodes. I hadn't pegged this series as being only romance and making friends, considering that it's a supernatural shounen anime, but that's what happened. Unfortunately, the anime was only a few chapters behind the latest manga releases. So in order to find out the rest of the story, you have to read the manga.

I did think the last episode should have included the rest of chapter 10. They skipped the parts showing what Miketsukami and Ririchiyo did as a couple in favor of showing the first time she went into his room. The ending was still fairly well done in my opinion, considering the manga was no where near over.


Chihayafuru:
I absolutely loved Chihayafuru! The art and animation is lovely, and I found myself drawn to the subject: karuta. Despite being an anime about a single card game, I loved how they portrayed the emotions and struggle of the game. The matches are actually made a little bit more exciting than watching actual karuta, but seems pretty accurate in it's portrayal. The music was beautiful and very fitting for each scene.

The pacing of the anime can be a little slow at times, although it was perfect in the beginning. The ending suggests a 2nd season, however I don't know when. I really hope to see how Chihaya, Kana, and Arata end up.


Persona 4 The Animation:
I loved Persona 4 The Animation up until the last episode. I've never played the games, but I loved the anime. It was pretty funny, even if it is an anime about murders. I loved the interactions between the characters, the music, and the plotline. The the only thing I disliked were the "boss battles", considering we never see them train... the random boss battle power-ups feel like ...random power-ups. It was really annoy that it seemed as though Yu recieved new amazing powers in the nick of time. I understand this is adapted from a game, but they could have at least given some better indications of level ups before the boss battles. I know each bond translates into more power... but how that works exactly isn't explained in the anime.

The last episode felt a little off. I can't really place my finger on it, but I hated the last episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^