Friday, September 21, 2012

Norn9, Kamigami no Asobi

I'm pretty late but there have been a few pretty interesting otome games announced. So far, the most games that caught my eye were Norn9 and Kamigami no Asobi.

Kamigami

Norn9 from Otomate is a promising (but a little disappointing) new game for touting three, yes three, heroines to choose from. Each heroine has a slightly different personality. I was pretty happy about this part; however it seems that the routes are actually split between characters. Each heroine has 3 guys in her route. It’s a little disappointing, since I can’t just play through all the routes on a heroine I like. I guess it adds replay value.

The game seems to be set in the future aboard what I like to think of as a giant, flying pleasure cruise (it has parks onboard)…? Honestly, I wasn’t drawn in by the storyline. I was captured the most by Teita’s (Jyuzaegi’s artist) bright are, and the fact that Nobuo Uematsu (Final Fantasy) is doing the music. The game isn’t high on my “Need to Get List”. The game is slotted for a 2013 release.

The next game, a definite “WILL GET” is Kamigami no Asobi from Broccoli. It seems to be about a school for gods, so there are gods from Greek, Japanese, Norse, and Egyptian myth. It’s a smidge cliché, but interesting none-the-less. In order to fix the current relationship between humans and gods, a school was created (for only 7 students), and a human girl picked to show the gods what love is.

I’m having a geek moment. I love mythology. I honestly fell in love with the characters the moment I saw them…well at least Anubis. I was surprised they had an Egyptian (technically two) character. Kazuki Yone’s mesmerizing art is another plus. I’ve been a huge fan of hers since I saw the art for Hakuouki.

2 comments:

  1. I love this game maybe you know if kamigami no asobi will released this Year?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'll be a 2013 release. I'm really hoping it'll be an early one, though! ^^

      Delete

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^