Friday, September 28, 2012

Melon Bread!

Melonbread (melonpan) is something you see, or hear about a lot in anime. Now, I've finally gotten to try some!

A good friend of mine sent me some melonpan yesterday! Sadly, it took a while to get here, so by the time it got here, it was squished and humid.  I think it might have to do with the weather, because the packaging says something along the lines of "Keep around 30* C (May to October)", I think. Currently, where I live, it is indeed 30*C, but it had to be at least 34*C inside the box because it was in a hot unconditioned truck for at least a week.

However, it was still good. It had a delicious aroma, and the top layer had a slight melon flavor (It seems they added melon extract), while the inside was soft and fluffy. But...but... the top layer wasn't crispy... I was a teensy bit disappointed. I guess you have to get bakery-style melonpan or make it yourself for the crispiness.





2 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of choco melonpan (it has a chocolate center and chocolate swirls on top). I don't know where you live, but if you ever have the chance to visit a Japanese bakery, definitely try it fresh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious, too. I need to do a little hunting around. :3

      Delete

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^