Things you'll need:*A steady, fairly fast internet connection (if you're looking at this, you probably have one. Although the process is simple, it's time consuming. If the window closes, you start over.)
*A Japanese Address
*A charged PSP
*A little knowledge of Japanese (optional, but helpful)
*An email address
*A Credit Card
All of this is on the PSP, be sure it has enough of a charge to handle being on the internet for a while. In order to input English on the Text Entry Screens, press Select until you see English letters.:
- If you already have a US (or other country) PSN Account, write down your information if you don't know it; you cannot be signed into two regions at once. In order to switch regions, go to the Playstation Network tab, Account Settings, and press the TRIANGLE, it should bring up a menu. Choose Delete Account. All your information is saved, so you don't lose anything. Once you've done that, you should see this Sign Up for Playstation Network button. Click it.
- Choose Create a New Account, and click Next. Fill in your birth date, then set your country to Japan. The words will switch to Japanese. Click (次へ).
- The screen that comes up next is the Terms of Conditions agreement. Press DOWN and RIGHT, to skip to the options. Choose the 3rd option on the far right.
- The next screen is your Account Log-in. Fill in your Sign-in ID (email address), then a password with at least 8 letters and 1 number, then re-type your password. If you wish, click the check-box for Remember Me. After that are the Security Questions. I'm not going to explain each one, so just use the first one and add a response. Write it down. Click (次へ)
- On the next screen, choose your Online-ID. It must be at least 3-16 letters long and it can use hyphens. It can't be the same as your password. Click (次へ)
- Fill in your Last Name, then your First Name, and choose whether you are male (男性) or female (女性). Press (次へ).
- Now comes the hard part: your address. Addresses are structured like this:
- 〒000-0000 東京都足立区 千住曙町00－0－ＴＳ000000
- On this screen, I'm not actually sure what it says, but I believe it's whether you want them to remember your information. Don't quote me on this one. Check it if you wish, then press (次へ).
- The last screen is a double check of your info. Just click (次へ), and you'll be good to go!