Thursday, October 6, 2011

Kimi to Boku: First Impressions

WARNING: This anime contains extreme amounts Male Moe,
Megane, Cats, Pointless Conversations,
and Platonic Male Bonding.

Kimi to Boku is your typical slice of life anime about four guys in their 2nd year of high school. The art style is ...minimalistic, I suppose. There are no special effects, and no defined highlights, so it basically just looks like all they did was a tiny bit of cell shading.

 

My first thought on the opening was that it ripped off A-Channel. However, I’m sure it’s just coincidence…

Our characters are a grumpy megane, a girly boy, and two emotionless twins. So far, it’s really boring. The only part I enjoyed was when little Kaname told his teacher to treat him like a man. He was a pretty precocious preschooler, it seems.

I’m not really sure why, but every other scene in this anime involves a cat. There isn’t even an explanation for it. I suppose each cat represents one of the boys, but I don’t know. I’m pretty iffy on whether or not I'll continue this series, but I’ll give it at least 3 episodes before I make a decision about dropping it.

Since all I did in this post was complain, I’d like to mention that I do like the ending song and it’s animation. The watercolor style is pretty, and the images are a little cute.