Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I'm sick...

As per my usual, I am not feeling well. I get sick far too often due to stress and fatigue, and I have been feeling extremely lethargic (excuse the lack of a real entry). I don't like taking medications unless I absolutely need to, so I've been researching various items to help me feel better. One of the things I came across was okayu (お粥), Japanese rice porridge.

Ohana from Hanasaku Iroha eating rice porridge

Okayu, in the simplest terms, is rice boiled with a lot of water until it reaches a porridge or soup-like consistency. It can be eaten for other reasons, but usually it's used for the ill. When it's thin in consistency, it's very easy to digest and contains various nutrients-- perfect for people who can't eat anything.

I made rice porridge a long time ago, and it was extremely helpful. Right now, I wish I had some. I haven't been eating very much because eating normal foods is painful for my stomach. Unfortunately, I don't have the ingredients or the energy to make it.

At this point, I'm cutting this entry short, because my fever is going back up again and I'm getting tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^