Sunday, January 15, 2012

Winter 2012 First Impressions

Most, if not all of the new anime are out at this point, so it's time for a "First Impressions" post! This post is late, as I've had little time to sit down and make posts.

I've begun watching more series than I thought I would, so hopefully I won't be bored. Currently, I'm watching a whopping eight new series, in addition to four ongoing fall 2011 anime! I'm certain I've bitten off more than I can chew, but I think I can keep up.




Ano Natsu de Matteru:
I'm probably going to drop this series halfway through, but I decided to give it a try. Ano Natsu is the love child of the brain of Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins and Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. Basically, it has the art of Ano-hana, and the feel of Onegai Teacher. I'm not sure what I think of this anime so far, since I didn't like Onegai Teacher, or Onegai Twins. I'm giving it a chance, though. The ending of the first episode (above), felt a little cliche.


Another:
In my fall 2011 ending impressions post, I mentioned Another was the only anime I was looking forward to, that wasn't completely true. However, it's still the one I wanted to see most. Another gives off scary vibes right from the first episode! The atmosphere is dark, mysterious, and uncertain, like something is about to happen any minute. I'm looking forward to the interactions between the protagonist and his classmates, as there's obviously some kind of attempt to keep something under wraps. I'm hoping this will be a good horror anime.


Area no Kishi:
Upon seeing this anime, I got flashbacks to when I tried reading Whistle! To my surprise, it turned out to be better than expected. It's not something I'm going to keep up, as I'm only curious about that soccer playing "alien" and what happens to the main's brother. Sports anime don't hold my interest, so I'll probably end up dropping it if I get bored.


Inu X Boku SS:
This anime has gotten me hooked from the first episode. The cast is quirky, especially Soushi, and Ririchiyo has the kind of personality I like seeing in anime girls. I'm just hoping that they don't turn her into some kind of moe character. I'd rather see her become a strong person... but I guess I'm asking for a lot. There seems to be fanservice, but it isn't blatant. It's more like noticing Ririchiyo doesn't wear a bra. ...At all.


Kill Me Baby:
A comedy about a high school assassin, her stupid best friend, and a "ninja". It's basically for comic relief from the other anime. I do find it kinda funny, though.

There are two more anime, Recorder to Randoseru, which I find very amusing, and Moretsu Uchuu Kaizoku which I'm not sure whether I'll keep up with. I find the idea of space pirates a little interesting, but not by very much. I didn't take any pictures for those two.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated to ensure no one's comment is overlooked. ^^